I recently have sold my 85mm lens as I am not a big fan of moving around to take a proper shoot, buying this Tamron lens and testing it for landscape photography before the portrait, I have the following comments:
From my point of view:
- Very good quality compared to my former Nikon lens.
- seems a little heavy, especially with Nikon D810 body, but had the same feeling as Nikon lens.
- The design of zoom ring is awesome.
- Tripod mount collar is very handy to be used in portrait mode, very easy to work with.
- It has 3 VC ( Vibration compensation) modes that work really great , even when you are walking or shaking from cold!
- The motor feels very quiet.
Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon F sample shots are as follows: